Oh, Thanksgiving. You come and go so quickly.
This was my first Thanksgiving away from my family, unless you count the year I went to Amsterdam with my sister. Let's rephrase that. This was the first Thanksgiving I clearly remember that I spent away from my family. (Amsterdam is still a little hazy.)
I was lucky enough to spend this holiday with my Las Vegas family (my surrogates), Jenner's family. It was lovely and made me feel so thankful to be cared about by this great group of people.
(Before we left the house, I said, "Wow, we look like grownups.")
Other highlights of the weekend included:
- an Alias marathon (I swoon for Michael Vartan)
- eating the remainder of the cupcakes I made for a friend's birthday for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- talking to my two year old nephew on the phone and hearing him say "Auntie" and then sing Beyonce's "All the Single Ladies" to me
- DJ Hero
- dancing out at Lavo after having my boyfriend convince me that 12:30am is an acceptable time to leave the house for the evening
- grape vodka
- did I mention grape vodka?
- swinging my arms in the air to my song, Journey's "Don't Stop Believin"
- love, love and more love
Ahh, there is so much to be thankful for.