Please excuse this week's pop culture quickie, but - um - it's my birthday... I know, that's getting old, but it will end after today. Rest assured. :)
This week's post was going to be titled "I've got nothing to do today but smile" after a lyric from one of my favorite Simon & Garfunkel songs. (You gotta love that whole Garden State soundtrack, right?)
You see, this post is all about birthday music. Like all other Tuesdays, I'm making a little list. A music to make me smile on my birthday list...
(The Birthday Party Remix.)
- Let My Love Open the Door - Pete Townsend - This song can never, ever keep the smile off my face. It just makes me happy.
- Little Secrets - Passion Pit - I am so feeling Passion Pit right now. This has got to be my current favorite song.
- So Happy I Could Die - Lady Gaga - Makes me want to dance all night and it's name kind of sums of how I'm feeling today.
- Hypnotize - Biggie, baby - No party is complete without this song and I take party planning very seriously.
- Rome - Phoenix - I love Phoenix. I love this song. The end.
- Beast of Burden - The Rolling Stones - A classic song I fell in love with in college back in Oly, WA.
- Edge of Seventeen - Stevie Nicks - I'm going through a Stevie Nicks phase and if this song doesn't make you go through one too, nothing will.
- Bulletproof - La Roux - I have almost played this song out. Play, repeat, play, repeat for six months straight. My boyfriend and I do a ridiculous dance to it.
- Electric Feel - MGMT - This was my summer of 2008 song. And, let me tell you, it was a great summer. (Todd, you here?) Can't play this song without thinking of good times with my friends.
- When You Were Mine - Cyndi Lauper - According to iTunes, this is the song I play most often. I guess it's my go-to song. Who knew?
- Young Forever - Jay-Z - Song of the moment. Forever Young is one of my lifelong favorites. Old and new together. Love it.
- Human Nature - Michael Jackson - Will never have a playlist without this song. That is my promise to you, MJ. Human Nature should always be played at the end of the night when the party's dying down and your best friends are all around.
- Causing a Commotion - Madonna - It's not a birthday of mine without Madonna. At least, not since the age of five. This is one of Jenner and my songs. "I've got the moves, baby, you've got the motion. If we get together, we'd be causing a commotion." Jenner will likely karaoke this.
- Say Aah - Trey Songz - I think the lyrics say it all. "Go, girl, it's your birthday. Open wide, I know you're thirsty. Say aah. Say aah. And we don't buy no drinks at the bar, we pop champagne 'cause we got that dough." Ridiculous and fabulous.
- Show Me - Mint Royale feat Pos from De la Soul - This is my VERY favorite song. I can't even help myself when it's on. If you know me, you know I do a dance I call the dolphin. This song calls for a double dolphin. Listen to it one time and try not to dance the rest of the afternoon.
- Don't Stop Believin' - Journey - Hey, I didn't name my blog after a line from this song for nothing. Did you honestly think I could leave it out?!
There you have it. Hope this list gets you shakin' that booty! Xoxo