Let's call this the Little Updates and Soundbites post, shall we?
- Growing up, I wanted to be many things. A teacher, a therapist, Madonna and, yes, Mary Hart from Entertainment Tonight. Yep, I was always obsessed with pop culture. Always. Which brings me to...
- Honestly, Lindsay... Why?! If I had a tenth of the life you have at your disposal, I can guarantee I wouldn't eff it up. Granted, maybe your drug and alcohol problems really are an addiction and like your stupidity and entitlement, that's a serious disease.
- The knee news is in, friends. What I thought was a torn ligament is actually a fractured kneecap that will require surgery and up to eight weeks on crutches. Well, at least that explains the pain. Luckily, I have a fantastic doctor - who is also the physician for the US Ski Team! - that I really trust. Surgery is scheduled for next Friday, October 1st. Let me know if you need my address to send chocolate and vodka. Just kidding. Sort of. :)
- My best friend, Carina, is flying into Vegas in the morning. I haven't been this excited in a really long time. You see, that's the great thing about moving away from your loved ones, the excitement when they are coming into town (or vice versa) is simply through the roof. We have lots of fun things on the agenda to celebrate the belated birthday of my closest pal: a highly anticipated visit to the Neon Boneyard, a sequined jaunt over to the soon-to-be-closing Liberace Museum, a night out at the piano bar, Don't Tell Mama, and a stay at Palms Place. Check it out:
A BIG thanks to Carina for getting us an amazing deal on a one bedroom suite!
I have several other little surprises in store for my bff (unfortunately, these surprises do not include the night helicopter ride over the Vegas strip I was planning on gifting her for her birthday... long story), but I can't spoil them here. Check back in next week for the full summary and, trust me, there will be a whole lot of fun to report. Not only will I be with my best friend, but I am looking at this trip as my last hoorah... or at least the last weekend for a while where I don't have to get around on crutches.
- My twelve year old cousin keeps changing her facebook status from single to in a relationship and back again. And again. While that junior high drama unfolds in front of her 300+ friends and family, all I can think is how glad I am that good ol' fb wasn't around when I was a tween.
- My sister Monica has been gracious enough to fly out for my surgery next week and I am so grateful. I've always said the only things I'm afraid of are snakes and scary ghost children, but it turns out, anesthesia gives my the heebie jeebies too. Knowing that my big sister will be by my side is incredibly comforting and eases some of my growing anxiety. The fact that Monica is putting us up at the Hilton for a swanky recovery weekend is quite the cherry on top, as well. Hopefully when I'm hopped up on pain killers, my sis can sneak out for a dip in the pool. So, although this trip wasn't conceived out of the most ideal of circumstances, I really am looking forward to some sister bonding time.
There you have it, my little update. Happy Friday! I hope you have the happiest of weekends! Xoxo!